The Correct spelling is: volunteered
Common misspellings of the word volunteered are:
How do you spell volunteered?. It is not volonteered or even volounteered for that matter!
- A person who performs or offers to perform a service voluntarily: an information booth staffed by volunteers; hospital volunteers.
- A person who renders aid, performs a service, or assumes an obligation voluntarily.
- A person who holds property under a deed made without consideration.
- Botany. A cultivated plant growing from self-sown or accidentally dropped seed.
- Being, consisting of, or done by volunteers: volunteer firefighters; volunteer tutoring.
- Botany. Growing from self-sown or accidentally dropped seed. Used of a cultivated plant or crop.
v., -teered, -teerÂ·ing, -teers. v.tr.
To give or offer to give voluntarily: volunteered their services; volunteer to give blood. v.intr.
- To perform or offer to perform a service of one's own free will.
- To do charitable or helpful work without pay: Many retirees volunteer in community service and day care centers.
[Obsolete French voluntaire, from Old French, voluntary, from Latin voluntÄrius. See voluntary.]