The Correct spelling is: umbrella
Common misspellings of the word umbrella are:
How do you spell umbrella?. It is not
- A device for protection from the weather consisting of a collapsible, usually circular canopy mounted on a central rod.
- Something that covers or protects.
- Air cover, especially during a military operation.
- Something that encompasses or covers many different elements or groups.
- Zoology. The gelatinous, rounded mass that is the major part of the body of most jellyfish.
[Italian ombrella, from Late Latin umbrella, alteration (influenced by umbra, shade) of Latin umbella, parasol; see umbel.]umbrellaless umÂ·brel'laÂ·less adj.