The Correct spelling is: torture
Common misspellings of the word torture are:
How do you spell torture?. It is not
tr.v., -tured, -turÂ·ing, -tures.
- Infliction of severe physical pain as a means of punishment or coercion.
- An instrument or a method for inflicting such pain.
- Excruciating physical or mental pain; agony: the torture of waiting in suspense.
- Something causing severe pain or anguish.
- To subject (a person or an animal) to torture.
- To bring great physical or mental pain upon (another). See synonyms at afflict.
- To twist or turn abnormally; distort: torture a rule to make it fit a case.
[Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin tortÅ«ra, from Latin tortus, past participle of torquÄ“re, to twist.]torturer tor'turÂ·er n.