The Correct spelling is: tile
Common misspellings of the word tile are:
How do you spell tile?. It is not
tr.v., tiled, tilÂ·ing, tiles.
- A thin, flat or convex slab of hard material such as baked clay or plastic, laid in rows to cover walls, floors, and roofs.
- A short length of pipe made of clay or concrete, used in sewers and drains.
- A hollow fired clay or concrete block used for building walls.
- Tiles considered as a group.
- Games. A marked playing piece, as in mahjong.
To cover or provide with tiles.
[Middle English, from Old English tigele, from Latin tÄ“gula, from tegere, to cover.]