The Correct spelling is: stories
Common misspellings of the word stories are:
How do you spell stories?. It is not sories or sotries or stoies or stoires or storeis or stores or storie or storis or storise or stries or stroies or tories or even tsories for that matter!
n., pl. -ries.
tr.v., -ried, -ryÂ·ing, -ries.
- An account or recital of an event or a series of events, either true or fictitious, as:
- An account or report regarding the facts of an event or group of events: The witness changed her story under questioning.
- An anecdote: came back from the trip with some good stories.
- A lie: told us a story about the dog eating the cookies.
- A usually fictional prose or verse narrative intended to interest or amuse the hearer or reader; a tale.
- A short story.
- The plot of a narrative or dramatic work.
- A news article or broadcast.
- Something viewed as or providing material for a literary or journalistic treatment: â€œHe was colorful, he was charismatic, he was controversial, he was a good storyâ€ (Terry Ann Knopf).
- The background information regarding something: What's the story on these unpaid bills?
- Romantic legend or tradition: a hero known to us in story.
- To decorate with scenes representing historical or legendary events.
- Archaic. To tell as a story.
[Middle English storie, from Old French estorie, estoire, from Latin historia. See history.]