The Correct spelling is: stereotypes
Common misspellings of the word stereotypes are:
How do you spell stereotypes?. It is not sterotypes
tr.v., -typed, -typÂ·ing, -types.
- A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.
- One that is regarded as embodying or conforming to a set image or type.
- Printing. A metal printing plate cast from a matrix molded from a raised printing surface, such as type.
- To make a stereotype of.
- To characterize by a stereotype: â€œElderly Americans are the neglected sector of the fashion industry, stereotyped by blue hair and polyester pantsuitsâ€ (American Demographics).
- To give a fixed, unvarying form to.
- To print from a stereotype.
[French stÃ©rÃ©otype, stereotype printing : stÃ©rÃ©o-, solid (from Greek stereo-; see stereoâ€“) + type, printing type (from Old French, symbol, from Late Latin typus; see type).]stereotyper ster'eÂ·oÂ·typ'er n.
stereotypic ster'eÂ·oÂ·typ'ic (-tÄp'Äk) or ster'eÂ·oÂ·typ'iÂ·cal (-Ä-kÉ™l) adj.
stereotypically ster'eÂ·oÂ·typ'iÂ·calÂ·ly adv.