The Correct spelling is: staple
Common misspellings of the word staple are:
How do you spell staple?. It is not
- A principal raw material or commodity grown or produced in a region.
- A major item of trade in steady demand.
- A basic dietary item, such as flour, rice, or corn.
- A basic or principal element or feature.
- The fiber of cotton, wool, or flax, graded as to length and fineness.
tr.v., -pled, -pling, -ples.
- Produced or stocked in large quantities to meet steady demand: Wheat is a staple crop.
- Principal; main: a staple topic of conversation.
To grade (fibers) according to length and fineness.
[Middle English, official market for purchase of export goods, from Anglo-Norman estaple, perhaps from Middle Dutch stÄpel, heap, emporium.]