The Correct spelling is: sponsor
Common misspellings of the word sponsor are:
How do you spell sponsor?. It is not sponser
tr.v., -sored, -sorÂ·ing, -sors.
- One who assumes responsibility for another person or a group during a period of instruction, apprenticeship, or probation.
- One who vouches for the suitability of a candidate for admission.
- A legislator who proposes and urges adoption of a bill.
- One who presents a candidate for baptism or confirmation; a godparent.
- One that finances a project or an event carried out by another person or group, especially a business enterprise that pays for radio or television programming in return for advertising time.
To act as a sponsor for.
[Late Latin spÅnsor, sponsor in baptism, from Latin, surety, from spÅnsus, past participle of spondÄ“re, to pledge.]sponsorial sponÂ·so'riÂ·al (-sÃ´r'Ä“-É™l, -sÅr'-) adj.
sponsorship spon'sorÂ·ship' n.