How to spell welcome in spanish
In spanish, the word welcome can be spelled:
- Received with pleasure and hospitality into one's company or home: a welcome guest.
- Giving pleasure or satisfaction; agreeable or gratifying: a welcome respite from hard work.
- Cordially or willingly permitted or invited: You are welcome to join us.
- Used in the expression you're welcome to acknowledge an expression of gratitude.
tr.v., -comed, -comÂ·ing, -comes.
- A cordial greeting or hospitable reception given to an arriving person.
- A reception upon arrival: gave the stranger an unfriendly welcome.
- The state of being welcome: Don't overstay your welcome.
- To greet, receive, or entertain (another or others) cordially or hospitably.
- To receive or accept gladly: would welcome a little privacy.
Used to greet cordially a visitor or recent arrival.idiom:
wear out (one's) welcome
- To visit so often or stay so long as to become a nuisance.
[Middle English, alteration (influenced by wel, well) of Old English wilcuma, welcome guest, welcome.]welcomely wel'comeÂ·ly adv.
welcomeness wel'comeÂ·ness n.
welcomer wel'comÂ·er n.