The Correct spelling is: sanctuary
Common misspellings of the word sanctuary are:
How do you spell sanctuary?. It is not
n., pl. -ies.
- A sacred place, such as a church, temple, or mosque.
- The holiest part of a sacred place, as the part of a Christian church around the altar.
- A sacred place, such as a church, in which fugitives formerly were immune to arrest.
- Immunity to arrest afforded by a sanctuary.
- A place of refuge or asylum.
- A reserved area in which birds and other animals, especially wild animals, are protected from hunting or molestation. See synonyms at shelter.
[Middle English, from Old French sainctuarie, from Late Latin sÄnctuÄrium, from Latin sÄnctus, sacred. See sanctify.]