The Correct spelling is: resident
Common misspellings of the word resident are:
How do you spell resident?. It is not recident
- One who resides in a particular place permanently or for an extended period, as:
- A diplomatic official residing in a foreign seat of government.
- A colonial official acting as adviser to the ruler of a protected state, often having quasi-gubernatorial powers.
- A member of an intelligence-gathering or nonuniformed law enforcement agency who resides and oversees operations in a certain locale: the FBI resident in St. Louis.
- One who lives in a dormitory.
- A physician receiving specialized clinical training in a hospital, usually after completing an internship.
- A nonmigratory bird or other animal.
- Dwelling in a particular place; residing: resident aliens.
- Living somewhere in connection with duty or work.
- Inherently present: resident anxieties.
- Nonmigratory: resident fauna.