The Correct spelling is: renaissance
Common misspellings of the word renaissance are:
How do you spell renaissance?. It is not
- A rebirth or revival.
- The humanistic revival of classical art, architecture, literature, and learning that originated in Italy in the 14th century and later spread throughout Europe.
- The period of this revival, roughly the 14th through the 16th century, marking the transition from medieval to modern times.
- often Renaissance
- A revival of intellectual or artistic achievement and vigor: the Celtic Renaissance.
- The period of such a revival.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of the Renaissance or its artistic and intellectual works and styles.
- Of or being the style of architecture and decoration, based on classical models, that originated in Italy in the 15th century and continued throughout Europe up to the end of the 16th century.
[French, from Old French, from renaistre, to be born again, from Vulgar Latin *renÄscere, from Latin renÄscÄ« : re-, re- + nÄscÄ«, to be born.]