The Correct spelling is: recognize
Common misspellings of the word recognize are:
How do you spell recognize?. It is not recogize
tr.v., -nized, -nizÂ·ing, -nizÂ·es.
- To know to be something that has been perceived before: recognize a face.
- To know or identify from past experience or knowledge: recognize hostility.
- To perceive or show acceptance of the validity or reality of: recognizes the concerns of the tenants.
- To permit to address a meeting: The club's president recognized the new member.
- To accept officially the national status of as a new government.
- To show awareness of; approve of or appreciate: recognize services rendered.
- To admit the acquaintance of, as by salutation: recognize an old friend with a cheerful greeting.
- Law. To enter into a recognizance.
- Biology. To exhibit recognition for (an antigen or a substrate, for example).
[Middle English recognisen, to resume possession of land, alteration (influenced by Medieval Latin recognizÄre, to recognize) of Old French reconoistre, reconoiss-, to know again, from Latin recognÅscere : re-, re- + cognÅscere, to get to know.]recognizable rec'ogÂ·niz'aÂ·ble adj.
recognizably rec'ogÂ·niz'aÂ·bly adv.
recognizer rec'ogÂ·niz'er n.