The Correct spelling is: receipt
Common misspellings of the word receipt are:
How do you spell receipt?. It is not reciept
- The act of receiving: We are in receipt of your letter.
- The fact of being or having been received: They denied receipt of the shipment.
- A quantity or amount received. Often used in the plural: cash receipts.
- A written acknowledgment that a specified article, sum of money, or shipment of merchandise has been received.
- A recipe.
v., -ceiptÂ·ed, -ceiptÂ·ing, -ceipts. v.tr.
- To mark (a bill) as having been paid.
- To give or write a receipt for (money paid or goods or services delivered).
To give a receipt.
[Middle English receite, from Old North French, from Medieval Latin recepta, medical prescription, money received, from Latin, feminine past participle of recipere, to receive. See receive.]