The Correct spelling is: quality
Common misspellings of the word quality are:
How do you spell quality?. It is not qality or qaulity or quailty or quaity or qualit or qualiy or qualiyt or qualtiy or qualty or qulaity or qulity or uality or even uqality for that matter!
n., pl. -ties.
- An inherent or distinguishing characteristic; a property.
- A personal trait, especially a character trait: â€œThe most vital quality a soldier can possess is self-confidenceâ€ (George S. Patton).
- Essential character; nature: â€œThe quality of mercy is not strain'dâ€ (Shakespeare).
- Superiority of kind: an intellect of unquestioned quality.
- Degree or grade of excellence: yard goods of low quality.
- High social position.
- Those in a high social position.
- Music. Timbre, as determined by harmonics: a voice with a distinctive metallic quality.
- Linguistics. The character of a vowel sound determined by the size and shape of the oral cavity and the amount of resonance with which the sound is produced.
- Logic. The positive or negative character of a proposition.
Having a high degree of excellence: the importance of quality health care.
[Middle English qualite, from Old French, from Latin quÄlitÄs, quÄlitÄt-, from quÄlis, of what kind.]
SYNONYMS quality, property, attribute, character, trait. These nouns signify a feature that distinguishes or identifies someone or something: explained the qualities of noble gases; tested the resilient property of rubber; knew the attributes of a fine wine; liked the rural character of the ranch; had positive traits such as kindness and generosity.