The Correct spelling is: progress
Common misspellings of the word progress are:
How do you spell progress?. It is not
intr.v. proÂ·gress (prÉ™-grÄ•s'), -gressed, -gressÂ·ing, -gressÂ·es.
- Movement, as toward a goal; advance.
- Development or growth: students who show progress.
- Steady improvement, as of a society or civilization: a believer in human progress. See synonyms at development.
- A ceremonial journey made by a sovereign through his or her realm.
- To advance; proceed: Work on the new building progressed at a rapid rate.
- To advance toward a higher or better stage; improve steadily: as medical technology progresses.
- To increase in scope or severity, as a disease taking an unfavorable course.
- Going on; under way: a work in progress.
[Middle English progresse, from Latin prÅgressus, from past participle of prÅgredÄ«, to advance : prÅ-, forward; see proâ€“1 + gradÄ«, to go, walk.]