The Correct spelling is: privilege
Common misspellings of the word privilege are:
How do you spell privilege?. It is not pirvilege or pivilege or priilege or priivlege or privelege or privelige or priviege or privielge or privilage or priviledge or privilee or privileeg or privileg or privilge or privilgee or privledge or privlege or privliege or prviilege or prvilege or rivilege or even rpivilege for that matter!
tr.v., -leged, -legÂ·ing, -legÂ·es.
- A special advantage, immunity, permission, right, or benefit granted to or enjoyed by an individual, class, or caste. See synonyms at right.
- Such an advantage, immunity, or right held as a prerogative of status or rank, and exercised to the exclusion or detriment of others.
- The principle of granting and maintaining a special right or immunity: a society based on privilege.
- Law. The right to privileged communication in a confidential relationship, as between client and attorney, patient and physician, or communicant and priest.
- An option to buy or sell a stock, including put, call, spread, and straddle.
- To grant a privilege to.
- To free or exempt.
[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin prÄ«vilÄ“gium, a law affecting one person : prÄ«vus, single, alone + lÄ“x, lÄ“g-, law.]