The Correct spelling is: privileges
Common misspellings of the word privileges are:
How do you spell privileges?. It is not priveledges or priveleges or priveliges or privelleges or even priviledges for that matter!
tr.v., -leged, -legÂ·ing, -legÂ·es.
- A special advantage, immunity, permission, right, or benefit granted to or enjoyed by an individual, class, or caste. See synonyms at right.
- Such an advantage, immunity, or right held as a prerogative of status or rank, and exercised to the exclusion or detriment of others.
- The principle of granting and maintaining a special right or immunity: a society based on privilege.
- Law. The right to privileged communication in a confidential relationship, as between client and attorney, patient and physician, or communicant and priest.
- An option to buy or sell a stock, including put, call, spread, and straddle.
- To grant a privilege to.
- To free or exempt.
[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin prÄ«vilÄ“gium, a law affecting one person : prÄ«vus, single, alone + lÄ“x, lÄ“g-, law.]