The Correct spelling is: persistent
Common misspellings of the word persistent are:
How do you spell persistent?. It is not peristent or even persistant for that matter!
persistently perÂ·sis'tentÂ·ly adv.
- Refusing to give up or let go; persevering obstinately.
- Insistently repetitive or continuous: a persistent ringing of the telephone.
- Existing or remaining in the same state for an indefinitely long time; enduring: persistent rumors; a persistent infection.
- Botany. Lasting past maturity without falling off, as the calyx on an eggplant or the scales of a pine cone.
- Zoology. Retained permanently, rather than disappearing in an early stage of development: the persistent gills of fishes.