The Correct spelling is: patient
Common misspellings of the word patient are:
How do you spell patient?. It is not
- Bearing or enduring pain, difficulty, provocation, or annoyance with calmness.
- Marked by or exhibiting calm endurance of pain, difficulty, provocation, or annoyance.
- Tolerant; understanding: an unfailingly patient leader and guide.
- Persevering; constant: With patient industry, she revived the failing business and made it thrive.
- Capable of calmly awaiting an outcome or result; not hasty or impulsive.
- Capable of bearing or enduring pain, difficulty, provocation, or annoyance: â€œMy uncle Toby was a man patient of injuriesâ€ (Laurence Sterne).
- One who receives medical attention, care, or treatment.
- Linguistics. A noun or noun phrase identifying one that is acted upon or undergoes an action. Also called goal.
- Archaic. One who suffers.
[Middle English pacient, from Old French, from Latin patiÄ“ns, patient-, present participle of patÄ«, to endure.]patiently pa'tientÂ·ly adv.