The Correct spelling is: parade
Common misspellings of the word parade are:
How do you spell parade?. It is not aprade or arade or paade or paarde or parad or parae or paraed or pardae or parde or perade or praade or even prade for that matter!
- An organized public procession on a festive or ceremonial occasion.
- The participants in such a procession.
- A regular place of assembly for reviews of troops. Also called parade ground.
- A ceremonial review of troops.
- The troops taking part in such a review.
- A line or extended group of moving persons or things: a parade of strollers on the mall.
- An extended, usually showy succession: a parade of fads and styles.
- An ostentatious show; an exhibition: make a parade of one's talents. See synonyms at display.
- A public square or promenade.
v., -radÂ·ed, -radÂ·ing, -rades. v.intr.
- To take part in a parade; march in a public procession: The circus performers and animals paraded down Main Street.
- To assemble for a ceremonial military review or other exercise.
- To stroll in public, especially so as to be seen; promenade.
- To behave so as to attract attention; show off.
- To cause to take part in a parade: paraded the floats past city hall.
- To assemble (troops) for a ceremonial review.
- To march or walk through or around: parade the campus.
- To exhibit ostentatiously; flaunt: paraded their wealth. See synonyms at show.
[Probably French, action of stopping a horse, from Old Spanish parada, from Vulgar Latin *parÄta, from feminine past participle of Latin parÄre, to prepare.]parader paÂ·rad'er n.