The Correct spelling is: orbiting
Common misspellings of the word orbiting are:
How do you spell orbiting?. It is not
- The path of a celestial body or an artificial satellite as it revolves around another body.
- One complete revolution of such a body.
- The path of a body in a field of force surrounding another body; for example, the movement of an atomic electron in relation to a nucleus.
- A range of activity, experience, or knowledge.
- A range of control or influence: â€œWhat magnetism drew these quaking ruined creatures into his orbit?â€ (Malcolm Lowry). See synonyms at range.
- Either of two bony cavities in the skull containing an eye and its external structures; an eye socket.
v., -bitÂ·ed, -bitÂ·ing, -bits. v.tr.
- To put into an orbit: orbit a satellite.
- To revolve around (a center of attraction): The moon orbits Earth.
To move in an orbit.
[Middle English orbite, eye socket, from Old French, from Latin orbita, orbit, probably from orbis.]