The Correct spelling is: madam
Common misspellings of the word madam are:
How do you spell madam?. It is not
n. (Abbr. Mdm.)
- pl. MesÂ·dames (mÄ-dÄƒm', -dÃ¤m'). Used formerly as a courtesy title before a woman's given name but now used only before a surname or title indicating rank or office: Madam Ambassador.
- Used as a salutation in a letter: Dear Madam or Sir.
- madam Used as a form of polite address for a woman: Right this way, madam.
- madam The mistress of a household.
- madam A woman who manages a brothel. See Usage Note at mistress.
[Middle English madame, from Old French ma dame. See Madame.]