The Correct spelling is: license
Common misspellings of the word license are:
How do you spell license?. It is not icense or ilcense or lcense or lciense or licene or licenes or licens or licese or licesne or licnese or licnse or liecnse or even liense for that matter!
tr.v., -censed, -censÂ·ing, -censÂ·es.
- Official or legal permission to do or own a specified thing. See synonyms at permission.
- A document, plate, or tag that is issued as proof of official or legal permission: a driver's license.
- Deviation from normal rules, practices, or methods in order to achieve a certain end or effect.
- Latitude of action, especially in behavior or speech. See synonyms at freedom.
- Lack of due restraint; excessive freedom: â€œWhen liberty becomes license, dictatorship is nearâ€ (Will Durant).
- Heedlessness for the precepts of proper behavior; licentiousness.
- To give or yield permission to or for.
- To grant a license to or for; authorize. See synonyms at authorize.
[Middle English licence, from Old French, from Medieval Latin licentia, authorization, from Latin, freedom, from licÄ“ns, licent-, present participle of licÄ“re, to be permitted.]licensable li'censÂ·aÂ·ble adj.
licenser li'censÂ·er or li'cenÂ·sor' (-sÉ™n-sÃ´r') n.