The Correct spelling is: licence
Common misspellings of the word licence are:
How do you spell licence?. It is not liscence or lisence or even lisense for that matter!
tr.v., -censed, -censÂ·ing, -censÂ·es.
- Official or legal permission to do or own a specified thing. See synonyms at permission.
- A document, plate, or tag that is issued as proof of official or legal permission: a driver's license.
- Deviation from normal rules, practices, or methods in order to achieve a certain end or effect.
- Latitude of action, especially in behavior or speech. See synonyms at freedom.
- Lack of due restraint; excessive freedom: â€œWhen liberty becomes license, dictatorship is nearâ€ (Will Durant).
- Heedlessness for the precepts of proper behavior; licentiousness.
- To give or yield permission to or for.
- To grant a license to or for; authorize. See synonyms at authorize.
[Middle English licence, from Old French, from Medieval Latin licentia, authorization, from Latin, freedom, from licÄ“ns, licent-, present participle of licÄ“re, to be permitted.]licensable li'censÂ·aÂ·ble adj.
licenser li'censÂ·er or li'cenÂ·sor' (-sÉ™n-sÃ´r') n.