The Correct spelling is: initial
Common misspellings of the word initial are:
How do you spell initial?. It is not inital or even intial for that matter!
- Of, relating to, or occurring at the beginning; first: took the initial step toward peace.
- Designating the first letter or letters of a word.
tr.v., -tialed also -tialled, -tialÂ·ing -tialÂ·ling, -tials -tials.
- The first letter of a proper name.
- initials The first letter of each word of a person's full name considered as a unit: stationery monogrammed with her initials.
- The first letter of a word.
- A large, often highly decorated letter set at the beginning of a chapter, verse, or paragraph.
To mark or sign with initials, especially for purposes of authorization or approval.
[Latin initiÄlis, from initium, beginning.]initially inÂ·i'tialÂ·ly adv.
initialness inÂ·i'tialÂ·ness n.