The Correct spelling is: governor
Common misspellings of the word governor are:
How do you spell governor?. It is not gouvener or even governer for that matter!
- (Abbr. Gov.) A person who governs, especially:
- The chief executive of a state in the United States.
- An official appointed to govern a colony or territory.
- A member of a governing body.
- The manager or administrative head of an organization, business, or institution.
- (Abbr. Gov.) A military commandant.
- Chiefly British. Used as a form of polite address for a man.
- A feedback device on a machine or engine that is used to provide automatic control, as of speed, pressure, or temperature.