The Correct spelling is: further
Common misspellings of the word further are:
How do you spell further?. It is not furuther or even futher for that matter!
adj. A comparative of far.
adv. A comparative of far.
- More distant in degree, time, or space: a result that was further from our expectations than last time; the further lamppost.
- Additional: a further example; a further delay.
tr.v., -thered, -therÂ·ing, -thers.
- To a greater extent; more: considered further the consequences of her actions.
- In addition; furthermore: He stated further that he would not cooperate with the committee.
- At or to a more distant or advanced point: went only three miles further; reading five pages further tonight. See Usage Note at farther.
To help the progress of; advance. See synonyms at advance.
[Middle English, from Old English furthra, from furthor, farther. Adv., from Middle English, from Old English furthor.]furtherer fur'therÂ·er n.