The Correct spelling is: fountain
Common misspellings of the word fountain are:
How do you spell fountain?. It is not
intr. & tr.v., -tained, -tainÂ·ing, -tains.
- An artificially created jet or stream of water.
- A structure, often decorative, from which a jet or stream of water issues.
- A spring, especially the source of a stream.
- A reservoir or chamber containing a supply of liquid that can be siphoned off as needed.
- A soda fountain.
- A drinking fountain.
- A point of origin or dissemination; a source: the library, a fountain of information.
To flow or cause to flow like a fountain.
[Middle English, from Old French fontaine, from Late Latin fontÄna, from Latin, feminine of fontÄnus, of a spring, from fÅns, font-, spring.]