The Correct spelling is: fantasy
Common misspellings of the word fantasy are:
How do you spell fantasy?. It is not
n., pl. -sies.
tr.v., -sied, -syÂ·ing, -sies.
- The creative imagination; unrestrained fancy. See synonyms at imagination.
- Something, such as an invention, that is a creation of the fancy.
- A capricious or fantastic idea; a conceit.
- Fiction characterized by highly fanciful or supernatural elements.
- An example of such fiction.
- An imagined event or sequence of mental images, such as a daydream, usually fulfilling a wish or psychological need.
- An unrealistic or improbable supposition.
- Music. See fantasia (sense 1).
- A coin issued especially by a questionable authority and not intended for use as currency.
- Obsolete. A hallucination.
To imagine; visualize.
[Middle English fantasie, fantsy, from Old French fantasie, from Latin phantasia, from Greek phantasiÄ, appearance, imagination, from phantazesthai, to appear, from phantos, visible, from phainesthai, to appear.]