The Correct spelling is: families
Common misspellings of the word families are:
How do you spell families?. It is not familes or even fimilies for that matter!
n., pl. -lies.
- A fundamental social group in society typically consisting of one or two parents and their children.
- Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place.
- All the members of a household under one roof.
- A group of persons sharing common ancestry. See Usage Note at collective noun.
- Lineage, especially distinguished lineage.
- A locally independent organized crime unit, as of the Cosa Nostra.
- A group of like things; a class.
- A group of individuals derived from a common stock: the family of human beings.
- Biology. A taxonomic category of related organisms ranking below an order and above a genus. A family usually consists of several genera.
- Linguistics. A group of languages descended from the same parent language, such as the Indo-European language family.
- Mathematics. A set of functions or surfaces that can be generated by varying the parameters of a general equation.
- Chemistry. A group of elements with similar chemical properties.
- Chemistry. A vertical column in the periodic table of elements.
- Of or having to do with a family: family problems.
- Being suitable for a family: family movies.
[Middle English familie, from Latin familia, household, servants of a household, from famulus, servant.]