The Correct spelling is: engineer
Common misspellings of the word engineer are:
How do you spell engineer?. It is not engeneer or even engieneer for that matter!
tr.v., -neered, -neerÂ·ing, -neers.
- One who is trained or professionally engaged in a branch of engineering.
- One who operates an engine.
- One who skillfully or shrewdly manages an enterprise.
- To plan, construct, or manage as an engineer.
- To alter or produce by methods of genetic engineering: â€œResearchers . . . compared insulin manufactured by bacteria genetically engineered with recombinant DNA techniques to the commercial insulin obtained from swine or cattleâ€ (Fusion).
- To plan, manage, and put through by skillful acts or contrivance; maneuver.
[Middle English enginour, from Old French engigneor, from Medieval Latin ingeniÄtor, contriver, from ingeniÄre, to contrive, from Latin ingenium, ability. See engine.]