The Correct spelling is: continental
Common misspellings of the word continental are:
How do you spell continental?. It is not
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a continent.
- often Continental Of or relating to the mainland of Europe; European.
- Continental Of or relating to the American colonies during and immediately after the American Revolution.
- Used as an intensive: â€œBlaine, Blaine, James G. Blaine,/The continental liar from the state of Maine.â€ (Grover Cleveland).
continentalism con'tiÂ·nen'talÂ·ism n.
- often Continental
- An inhabitant of a continent.
- An inhabitant of the mainland of Europe; a European.
- A native of the continental United States living or working in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Continental A soldier in the American army during the American Revolution.
- A piece of paper money issued by the Continental Congress during the American Revolution.
continentalist con'tiÂ·nen'talÂ·ist n.
continentality con'tiÂ·nenÂ·tal'iÂ·ty (-nÄ•n-tÄƒl'Ä-tÄ“) n.
continentally con'tiÂ·nen'talÂ·ly adv.