The Correct spelling is: constituent
Common misspellings of the word constituent are:
How do you spell constituent?. It is not constituant
- Serving as part of a whole; component: a constituent element.
- Empowered to elect or designate.
- Authorized to make or amend a constitution: a constituent assembly.
- A constituent part; a component. See synonyms at element.
- A resident of a district or member of a group represented by an elected official.
- One that authorizes another to act as a representative; a client.
- Grammar. A functional unit of a grammatical construction, as a verb, noun phrase, or clause.
[Latin cÅnstituÄ“ns, cÅnstituent-, present participle of cÅnstituere, to set up. See constitute. N., from French, from Latin cÅnstituÄ“ns, from present participle of cÅnstituere.]constituently conÂ·stit'uÂ·entÂ·ly adv.