The Correct spelling is: compatible
Common misspellings of the word compatible are:
How do you spell compatible?. It is not compatable or even compatiable for that matter!
- Capable of existing or performing in harmonious, agreeable, or congenial combination with another or others: compatible family relationships.
- Capable of orderly, efficient integration and operation with other elements in a system with no modification or conversion required.
- Capable of forming a chemically or biochemically stable system.
- Of or relating to a television system in which color broadcasts can be received in black and white by sets incapable of color reception.
- Medicine. Capable of being grafted, transfused, or transplanted from one individual to another without rejection: compatible blood.
A device, such as a computer or computer software, that can be integrated into or used with another device or system of its type.
[Middle English, from Medieval Latin compatÄ«bilis, from Late Latin compatÄ«, to sympathize. See compassion.]compatibility comÂ·pat'iÂ·bil'iÂ·ty or comÂ·pat'iÂ·bleÂ·ness n.
compatibly comÂ·pat'iÂ·bly adv.