The Correct spelling is: closet
Common misspellings of the word closet are:
How do you spell closet?. It is not
tr.v., -etÂ·ed, -etÂ·ing, -ets.
- A cabinet or enclosed recess for linens, household supplies, or clothing.
- A small private chamber, as for study or prayer.
- A water closet; a toilet.
- A state of secrecy or cautious privacy: Two days before the election, the candidate suddenly came out of the closet and denounced the proposed law.
To enclose or shut up in a private room, as for discussion: closeted themselves with their attorneys. adj.
- Private; confidential: closet information.
- Being so or engaging only in private; secret: a closet proponent of a tax increase; a closet alcoholic.
- Based on theory and speculation rather than practice.
[Middle English, private room, from Old French, diminutive of clos, enclosure, from Latin clausum, from neuter of clausus, enclosed. See close.]closetful clos'etÂ·ful' n.