The Correct spelling is: chimney
Common misspellings of the word chimney are:
How do you spell chimney?. It is not
n., pl. -neys.
- A passage through which smoke and gases escape from a fire or furnace; a flue.
- The usually vertical structure containing a chimney.
- The part of such a structure that rises above a roof.
- Chiefly British. A smokestack, as of a ship or locomotive.
- A glass tube for enclosing the flame of a lamp.
- Something, such as a narrow cleft in a cliff, resembling a chimney.
[Middle English chimenei, from Old French cheminee, from Late Latin camÄ«nÄta, fireplace, from Latin camÄ«nus, furnace, from Greek kamÄ«nos.]