The Correct spelling is: ceiling
Common misspellings of the word ceiling are:
How do you spell ceiling?. It is not
- The upper interior surface of a room.
- Material used to cover this surface.
- Something resembling a ceiling: a ceiling of leaves over the arbor.
- An upper limit, especially as set by regulation: wage and price ceilings.
- The highest altitude under particular weather conditions from which the ground is still visible.
- The altitude of the lowest layer of clouds.
- Absolute ceiling.
- Nautical. The planking applied to the interior framework of a ship.
[Middle English celing, from celen, to ceil. See ceil.]ceilinged ceil'inged adj.