The Correct spelling is: category
Common misspellings of the word category are:
How do you spell category?. It is not actegory or ategory or caegory or caetgory or catagory or categor or categoy or categoyr or categroy or categry or cateogry or cateory or catgeory or catgory or ctaegory or even ctegory for that matter!
n., pl. -ries.
- A specifically defined division in a system of classification; a class.
- A general class of ideas, terms, or things that mark divisions or coordinations within a conceptual scheme, especially:
- Aristotle's modes of objective being, such as quality, quantity, or relation, that are inherent in everything.
- Kant's modes of subjective understanding, such as singularity, universality, or particularity, that organize perceptions into knowledge.
- A basic logical type of philosophical conception in post-Kantian philosophy.
- A classificatory structural unit or property of a language, such as a part of speech, verb phrase, or object.
- A specific grammatical defining property of a linguistic unit or class, such as number or gender in the noun and tense or voice in the verb.
[French catÃ©gorie, from Old French, from Late Latin catÄ“goria, class of predicables, from Greek katÄ“goriÄ, accusation, charge, from katÄ“gorein, to accuse, predicate : kat-, kata-, down, against; see cataâ€“ + agoreuein, Ä“gor-, to speak in public (from agorÄ, marketplace, assembly).]