The Correct spelling is: canal
Common misspellings of the word canal are:
How do you spell canal?. It is not
tr.v., -nalled or -naled, -nalÂ·ling or -nalÂ·ing, -nals or -nals.
- An artificial waterway or artificially improved river used for travel, shipping, or irrigation.
- Anatomy. A tube, duct, or passageway.
- Astronomy. One of the faint, hazy markings resembling straight lines on early telescopic images of the surface of Mars.
- To dig an artificial waterway through: canal an isthmus.
- To provide with an artificial waterway or waterways.
[Partly French, channel, and partly Middle English, tube (from Medieval Latin canÄle), both from Latin canÄlis, tube, channel, probably from canna, small reed. See cane.]