The Correct spelling is: breath
Common misspellings of the word breath are:
How do you spell breath?. It is not
- The air inhaled and exhaled in respiration.
- The act or process of breathing; respiration.
- The capacity to breathe, especially in a natural and unlabored manner: shortness of breath.
- Spirit or vitality; life.
- A single respiration: a deep breath.
- Exhaled air, as evidenced by vapor, odor, or heat.
- A momentary pause or rest.
- A momentary stirring of air.
- A slight gust of fragrant air.
- A trace or suggestion: a breath of scandal.
- A softly spoken sound; a whisper.
- Linguistics. Exhalation of air without vibration of the vocal cords, as in the articulation of p and s.
in one (or the same) breath
out of breath
- At or almost at the same time.
under (one's) breath
- Breathing with difficulty, as from exertion; gasping.
- In a muted voice or whisper.
[Middle English breth, from Old English brÃ¦Ì„th.]