The Correct spelling is: assume
Common misspellings of the word assume are:
How do you spell assume?. It is not asume
tr.v., -sumed, -sumÂ·ing, -sumes.
- To take upon oneself: assume responsibility; assume another's debts.
- To undertake the duties of (an office): assumed the presidency.
- To take on; adopt: â€œThe god assumes a human formâ€ (John Ruskin).
- To put on; don: The queen assumed a velvet robe.
- To affect the appearance or possession of; feign.
- To take for granted; suppose: assumed that prices would rise. See synonyms at presume.
- To take over without justification; seize: assume control.
- To take up or receive into heaven.
[Middle English assumen, from Latin assÅ«mere : ad-, ad- + sÅ«mere, to take.]assumability asÂ·sum'aÂ·bil'iÂ·ty n.
assumable asÂ·sum'aÂ·ble adj.
assumably asÂ·sum'aÂ·bly adv.
assumer asÂ·sum'er n.