The Correct spelling is: approximate
Common misspellings of the word approximate are:
How do you spell approximate?. It is not approproximate or even aproximate for that matter!
- Almost exact or correct: the approximate time of the accident.
- Very similar; closely resembling: sketched an approximate likeness of the suspect.
- Botany. Close together but not united.
v., -matÂ·ed, -matÂ·ing, -mates. (-mÄt') v.tr.
- To come close to; be nearly the same as: This meat substitute approximates the real thing.
- To bring near.
- To bring together, as cut edges of tissue.
To come near or close, as in degree, nature, or quality.
[Middle English, from Late Latin approximÄtus, past participle of approximÄre, to approach : Latin ad-, ad- + proximÄre, to come near (from proximus, nearest).]approximately apÂ·prox'iÂ·mateÂ·ly adv.