The Correct spelling is: application
Common misspellings of the word application are:
How do you spell application?. It is not aplication or even applicaiton for that matter!
adj. Computer Science. also applications
- The act of applying.
- Something applied, such as a cosmetic or curative agent.
- The act of putting something to a special use or purpose: an application of a new method.
- A specific use to which something is put: the application of science to industry.
- The capacity of being usable; relevance: Geometry has practical application in aviation and navigation.
- Close attention; diligence: shows application to her work.
- A request, as for assistance, employment, or admission to a school.
- The form or document on which such a request is made.
- Computer Science. A computer program with a user interface.
Of or being a computer program designed for a specific task or use: applications software for a missile guidance system.
[Middle English applicacion, from Old French, from Latin applicÄtiÅ, applicÄtiÅn-, from applicÄtus, past participle of applicÄre, to affix. See apply.]