The Correct spelling is: angel
Common misspellings of the word angel are:
How do you spell angel?. It is not
- A typically benevolent celestial being that acts as an intermediary between heaven and earth, especially in Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Zoroastrianism.
- A representation of such a being, especially in Christianity, conventionally in the image of a human figure with a halo and wings.
- angels Christianity. The last of the nine orders of angels in medieval angelology. From the highest to the lowest in rank, the orders are: seraphim, cherubim, thrones, dominations or dominions, virtues, powers, principalities, archangels, and angels.
- A guardian spirit or guiding influence.
- A kind and lovable person.
- One who manifests goodness, purity, and selflessness.
- Informal. A financial backer of an enterprise, especially a dramatic production or a political campaign.
[Middle English, from Old English engel or Old French angele, both from Late Latin angelus, from Late Greek angelos, from Greek, messenger.]angelic anÂ·gel'ic (Äƒn-jÄ•l'Äk) or anÂ·gel'iÂ·cal adj.
angelically anÂ·gel'iÂ·calÂ·ly adv.