The Correct spelling is: amount
Common misspellings of the word amount are:
How do you spell amount?. It is not ammount
intr.v., aÂ·mountÂ·ed, aÂ·mountÂ·ing, aÂ·mounts.
- The total of two or more quantities; the aggregate.
- A number; a sum.
- A principal plus its interest, as in a loan.
- The full effect or meaning; import.
- Quantity: a great amount of intelligence.
- To add up in number or quantity: The purchases amounted to 50 dollars.
- To add up in import or effect: That plan will never amount to anything.
- To be equivalent or tantamount: accusations that amount to an indictment.
[From Middle English amounten, to ascend, from Old French amonter, from amont, upward, from Latin ad montem, to the hill : ad, to + mÅns, mont-, hill.]