The Correct spelling is: airy
Common misspellings of the word airy are:
How do you spell airy?. It is not
adj., -iÂ·er, -iÂ·est.
airily air'iÂ·ly adv.
- Of, relating to, or having the constitution of air.
- High in the air; lofty.
- Open to the air: airy chambers.
- Performed in the air; aerial.
- Immaterial; illusory: an airy apparition.
- Speculative, impractical, or vacuous: airy theories about socioeconomic improvement.
- Light or delicate: an airy dress.
- Haughty or affected: dismissed us with an airy wave of the hand.
- Light-hearted; merry: an airy mood.
airiness air'iÂ·ness n.
SYNONYMS airy, diaphanous, ethereal, filmy, gauzy, gossamer, sheer, transparent, vaporous. These adjectives mean so light and insubstantial as to resemble air or a thin film: airy curtains blowing at the window; a diaphanous veil; ethereal mist; the filmy wings of a moth; gauzy clouds in the sky; a gown of gossamer fabric; sheer silk stockings; transparent chiffon; vaporous shadows at dusk.