The Correct spelling is: academy
Common misspellings of the word academy are:
How do you spell academy?. It is not aacdemy or aademy or acadamy or academ or acadey or acadeym or acadmey or acadmy or acaedmy or acaemy or accademy or acdaemy or acdemy or caademy or even cademy for that matter!
n., pl. -mies.
- A school for special instruction.
- A secondary or college-preparatory school, especially a private one.
- The academic community; academe: â€œWhen there's moral leadership from the White House and from the academy, people tend to adjustâ€ (Jesse Jackson).
- Higher education in general. Used with the.
- A society of scholars, scientists, or artists.
- Plato's school for advanced education and the first institutional school of philosophy.
- The disciples of Plato.
[Latin AcadÄ“mÄ«a, the school where Plato taught, from Greek AkadÄ“meia.]