The Correct spelling is: above
Common misspellings of the word above are:
How do you spell above?. It is not
- On high; overhead: the clouds above.
- In heaven; heavenward.
- Upstairs: a table in the dining room above.
- To a degree that is over zero: 15Â° above.
- In or to a higher place.
- In an earlier part of a given text: â€œThe problems cited above have led to a number of suggestions for reformâ€ (Wharton Magazine).
- In or to a higher rank or position: the ranks of major and above.
- Over or higher than: a cool spring above the timberline.
- Superior to in rank, position, or number; greater than: put principles above expediency.
- Beyond the level or reach of: a shot that was heard above the music.
- In preference to.
- Too honorable to bend to: I am above petty intrigue.
- More than: somewhat above normal temperature.
- Upstream of: a dam positioned ten miles above the town.
- North of: Minnesota is above Iowa.
- An earlier part of a given text: Refer to the above for that information.
- The person or persons already referred to in a text: The above hereby affix their signatures.
Appearing earlier in the same text: flaws in the above interpretation.idiom:
- Over and above all other factors or considerations: Above all, tell the truth.
[Middle English aboven, from Old English abÅ«fan : a-, on; see aâ€“2 + bÅ«fan, above.]